City of Fairfield offices will be closed for Christmas Holiday on Wednesday, December 24 and Thursday, December 25
Fire Safety Inspections
Home fire safety inspections are available to each home within the Fairfield Fire Department's jurisdiction.
Trained fire fighters will survey your property and provide advice and written recommendations to improve safety conditions.
To schedule this free service contact Deputy Chief Dennis Glenn at the Fairfield Fire Department at 513-867-5378 or request one online.
Upon receiving an electronic request, a Fairfield Fire Department employee will contact you to arrange a convenient time to schedule your inspection.
Request an Inspection
Inspections performed by Fairfield fire fighters include, but are not limited to the following:
- Street numbers posted, visible from street.
- No excessive weeds, grass.
- Premise free of rubbish — attic, garage, yard.
- All outside exits unblocked.
- Second exit from each bedroom, windows operate with ease.
- Fire escape ladders available in upper bedrooms.
- Keys available to locks that require a key to exit, key located low near doors.
- Circuit breaker box appears in good condition, knockouts in place.
- Circuit breakers are marked indicating use.
- Appliances, lighting fixtures, switches and receptacles appear in good condition.
- No extension cords used as permanent wiring.
- Gas appliances, heaters vented to outside.
- Smoke detectors mounted properly outside sleeping areas and on each level.
- Smoke detectors operational.
- Combustibles stored away from potential ignition sources.
- Flammable liquids stored in approved containers.
- Matches, lighters stored correctly away from children.
- Storage in attic is away from heat sources.
- Fire extinguisher mounted in kitchen and garage, ABC type, five pound.
- 9-1-1 phone stickers posted on telephones.
- Family practices home escape plan.
- Hot water temperature at or below 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- No burglar bars present.
- Fireplace cleaned, inspected professionally within the last 12 months.
- Fireplace protected by glass door or spark screen.
- Heater inspected, cleaned professionally within the last 12 months.
- No candles within a child's reach.
- Home hazardous materials stored properly, out of reach of children.
- Fire stops located in breezeway.
- Fire hydrants operate properly, no obstructions.
City of Fairfield
375 Nilles Road
Fairfield, OH 45014
(513) 867-5379 (phone)
(513) 867-6060 (fax)