City of Fairfield offices will be closed for Christmas Holiday on Wednesday, December 24 and Thursday, December 25
- Human Resources
Related Links: How to apply for Civil Service positions | Current job openings | Civil Service rules
Civil Service Commission
The Fairfield Civil Service Commission is responsible for administering and enforcing the Civil Service laws of the State of Ohio.
The Commission is composed of three persons who are appointed by the Fairfield City Council and serve in the manner provided for in Ohio Revised Code (124.40) and the charter of the City of Fairfield.
The appointed secretary of the Commission arranges for the conduct of appropriate tests and maintains eligibility lists for the benefit of appointing authorities.
The Civil Service Commission is also responsible for positions in the Fairfield City Schools.
Announcements of Civil Service examinations are made in the local news media, on the bulletin board at the Fairfield Municipal Building, at the Fairfield Lane Public Library and the City of Fairfield job opportunities page.
Eligibility listings are available for the civil service tests listed below. Eligibility listings are posted only after the Civil Service Commission has approved the ranking.
How to apply for Civil Service positionsClick here for the steps that will assist you in understanding the process of applying for a Civil Service position
- Account Clerk I - City of Fairfield (December 12, 2013)
- Clerk I - City of Fairfield (December 12, 2013)
- Clerk III - Fairfield City Schools (December 12, 2013)
- Clerk IV - Fairfield City Schools (December 12, 2013)
- Construction Inspector (September 10, 2009)
- Custodial Worker - Fairfield City Schools (May 8, 2014)
- Custodian - City of Fairfield (May 8, 2014)
- Data Entry Operator - Fairfield City Schools
- Firefighter / Paramedic - City of Fairfield (September 19, 2013)
- Firefighter Lieutenant Promotional Exam (December 11, 2014)
- Greenskeeper (August 12, 2010)
- Lab Technician (November 14, 2014)
- Maintenance Electrician (August 13, 2014)
- Maintenance Worker-Laborer/Meter Reader (November 14, 2014)
- Mechanic - City of Fairfield (October 22, 2009)
- Meter Reader ()
- Operator- Maintenance Worker - Eligibility List (March 13, 2014)
- Police Lieutenant
- Police Officer (April 11, 2013)
- Police Sergeant - City of Fairfield (December 10, 2010)
- Public Safety Dispatcher (June 20, 2013)
- Receptionist - Fairfield City Schools (December 12, 2013)
- Secretary II - Fairfield City Schools (August 8, 2013)
- Secretary III - Fairfield City Schools (August 13, 2014)
- Turf Mechanic (April 9, 2009)
- Zoning Inspector-Clerk (October 13, 2008)
.Civil Service TestingClick here for available civil service testing.