- Manage Utilities
Trash Collection Information
City of Fairfield trash
service provided by
Trash collection services are established upon the creation of a water, sewer and trash account with the City of Fairfield's Utility Billing and Collection Office. Click here to set up your account.
Trash Charges and Billing
Charges for trash collection are included with your regular monthly water and sewer bill. The current cost for trash service is $11.85 per month for curbside service, $6.80 per month for dumpster service.
When is my collection day?
Trash pick-up days vary according to street address. To find out what day your trash will be collected view the Trash Pick Up Map.
Rumpke Terms and Conditions of Trash Removal
- Trash must be placed at the curb the night before removal or the driver may not return.
- Rumpke is not responsible for damage to trash cans or missing cans and lids.
- Rumpke is not permitted by law to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials, or any materials deemed to be hazardous.
- Drums, barrels, yard, and household containers not acceptable to be used as trash receptacles will be removed as trash and not replaced.
- Full service allows 14 trash cans or bags, as well as one large item per service day. Can or bag weight limit is 50 lbs.
- Bulky materials such as drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable. Loose materials, such as shrubbery or lumber, must be bundled and tied, and cannot exceed 4 feet in length, 2 feet in diameter and 50 lbs. in weight.
- Call Rumpke 24-hours in advance to make arrangements for any acceptable large items and/or excessive amounts of trash.
Along with regular refuse collection, items that can be accepted also include wood, carpet (cut in four-foot-long sections), appliances, bathroom fixtures, kitchen fixtures and furniture. If an item is too heavy for one person to pick-up, please contact Rumpke at least 24-hours in advance to inform them.
Household Waste Disposal
To find out how to dispose of any of the items listed above, click here.
- Household Hazardous Wastes