City of Fairfield offices will be closed for Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday, November 27 and Friday, November 28
The crime of burglary can be a traumatic event. The anxiety that is associated with an intrusion into your home often outweighs the cost of any lost property. There is little comfort to the victims even when their property is recovered or the intruder is arrested.
There are steps that can be taken to lessen your chance of becoming a victim of a burglary. The Fairfield Police Department recommends the following:
- Make your home look occupied when you are away by using timers on your interior light fixtures.
- Lock your exterior doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed.
- Leave your exterior lights on during the evening or use motion sensitive lighting.
- Keep your garage door closed and locked.
- Do not allow your mail and package deliveries to accumulate. Have someone collect them for you.
- If you are away for an extended time, arrange to have someone cut your lawn in the summer and clear snow from your driveway and walkways in the winter.
- Activate any alarm system and place signs on the premise that warn would-be intruders that an alarm system is present.
- If you plan to go on vacation,visit our Citizen Requests site and complete a Vacation House Watch form on-line.
- Be involved in a Neighborhood Watch Group.
To learn more about how to protect your home, call the Fairfield Police Department at 513-896-8268.
City of Fairfield
5230 Pleasant Ave.
Fairfield, OH 45014
(513) 829-8201 (phone)
(513) 867-6009 (fax)