City of Fairfield, Ohio
  serving our community with pride
Manage Utilities Buy Tickets Calendar Mobile App Map / GIS Court Records
City of Fairfield, Ohio

Related Links: Block Party Permit (PDF)  | Streets not Available for Block Party Use | Parades and Special Events

Block Parties

To close or block any thoroughfare in your neighborhood for a gathering of neighbors, you must obtain a block party permit from the city.

You must apply for the permit at least three weeks in advance of the party date, and you must submit a petition of agreement with signatures of 95 percent of the residents who live on the street to be closed.

To apply, download the block party permit application. An application form and/or additional information regarding block party permits may also be obtained at the Public Works Facility at 8870 N. Gilmore Road, or by calling 513-867-4200.

Applicants must be available to receive delivery of the barricades from the street division. A $25 deposit will be required to ensure the return and condition of the barricades and cleanliness of the right-of-way area.

Block parties must end by 11 p.m.

Please note that not all streets are eligible to be closed for such occasions. A list of streets not approved for block parties is available online and at the Public Works Facility located at 8870 N. Gilmore Road.

Questions regarding block party permits and procedures may also be directed to

Public Works
City of Fairfield
8870 N. Gilmore Road
Fairfield, OH 45014
(513) 867-4200 (phone)
(513) 867-4205 (fax)