The City of Fairfield Municipal Wastewater Treatment Facility is located adjacent to the Great Miami River just south of Joyce Park. The Facility serves over 42,500 domestic customers, Mercy Hospital of Fairfield, and a number of commercial and industrial establishments in the City of Fairfield. The treatment plant treats about 5 million gallons of wastewater collected in over 175 miles of sewer pipe each day, protecting water quality and preventing water pollution, discharging its effluent into the Great Miami River.
Wastewater is defined as water that has been used for washing, flushing, or in a manufacturing process and so contains waste. Basically anything that is flushed down a toilet, or washed down a sink or drain is considered to be wastewater. Domestic wastewater is 99% water with the other 1% consisting of human waste, paper products, grease, oil, food scraps, soaps, and cleaning products. Wastewater travels through a network of pipes and pump stations, referred to as the collection system, before reaching the wastewater treatment plant where it is treated physically, biologically, and chemically before being discharged safely back into the environment.
City of Fairfield
Wastewater Treatment Facility
4799 Groh Lane
Fairfield Ohio, 45014