COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant Program
Many small businesses have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to assist businesses during this time, the City of Fairfield and Butler County have committed a portion of federal CARES Act funding to provide grants to eligible restaurants and retail businesses. The intent is to assist locally-owned businesses with a physical storefront in the community. Grants range from $5,000 to $10,000 based on the number of employees of the business.
Application & Grant Process:
- Business owner completes application
- Fairfield Chamber of Commerce reviews for completion and all attachments
- Application submitted to City (beginning 1 p.m. on Nov. 17, 2020)
- Awards made on first come, first served basis as funds are available
- Applicant receives check and spends funds on eligible expenses
- Must be for profit business with a physical storefront in the city
- Must have 25 or fewer employees (FTEs) and no more than $2 million in annual gross receipts
- Must have been in operation on Oct. 1, 2019 and commit to operate through Dec. 31, 2020
- Must be negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Must not be part of a corporate chain with more than five locations or owned franchises
- Rent or mortgage payment for business premises
- Salaries and wages of employees
- Utilities for business premises
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), partitions, other modifications related to COVID-19
- Expenses cannot have been paid with other federal or CARES funding
For additional program requirements and business eligibility, please review the program guidelines.
Applications may first be submitted to the City of Fairfield at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 17, 2020. No applications may be submitted after 5:00 p.m. on December 10, 2020. This webpage will be updated if funding is exhausted prior to this application deadline.
For More Information:
Economic Development Manager
Offered in Partnership with: