Design Review Committee
- 4 p.m.
- The 3rd Thursday of each month
- Fairfield Municipal Building
5350 Pleasant Avenue
Fairfield, OH 45014
- Kevin Bleichner, Citizen-at-large representative
- Steve DeSalvo, Citizen-at-large representative
- Daniel Scofield, Citizen-at-large representative
- Zachary Ketring, Downtown Business owner
- Kert Radel, Downtown Business owner
- Don Hassler, Planning Commission representative
- Dale Paullus, Fairfield City Council representative
- Greg Kathman, Development Services Director
- Leland Rosato, Plans Examiner/Building Official
Submitting Plans for Design Review
A copy of site development and building plans/elevations to scale must be submitted 10 days prior to the meeting.
Design Review Guidelines
The project will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Site design
- Architectural character
- Materials and color
- Ingress, egress and parking
- Screening and buffering
- Exterior lighting
Particular attention shall be made to assure architectural style and quality, roof structures, exterior colors, building materials, and other features are compatible with the Design Guidelines (PDF). Unless otherwise approved by the Design Review Committee, earth tone colors shall prevail in town center buildings and other exterior components. As provided for within the Design Review Guidelines, the committee will review plans to assure that the objectives of the Design Guidelines are achieved.
Reasonable additional requirements as to landscaping, lighting, signs or other advertising devices, screening, accessways, building placement, building setback and height limitations may be imposed by the Design Review Committee for the protection of adjoining property owners and to maintain a consistent town center image.
All building elevation drawings, site plans, exterior material and color palates, signs and landscape plans must be reviewed by the Design Review Committee. Please refer to Chapter 1168, D-1 Zoning District, in the zoning code.