Harbin Park Playground Redevelopment
The renovation of Harbin Park will include improvements to the 160+ acre City park located off of Pleasant Ave. / US-127 at the end of Hunter Road. The existing park features an 18 hole disc golf course, extensive mountain bike trails, tennis courts, playground, picnic shelters, a paved multi-use trail, a sledding hill, and pickleball courts. A concept master plan was developed, with input from public meetings, in 2016. Three buildings were demolished in 2017 to make way for the planned improvements. The City completed a perimeter loop trail in 2021. 2022-2023 saw the construction of a new pavilion overlook, restrooms, and pickleball courts.
The City's consultant, Human Nature, is currently bidding a redevelopment/expansion of the existing playground which will include a splash pad. Groundbreaking is expected late in 2023 with completion in 2024.
The City was awarded funding from the State Capital Budget. Funding included:
- FY2021-2022 Capital Budget
- Harbin Park Pavilion, $550,000 (Complete)
- Harbin Park Loop Trail, $150,000 (Complete)
- FY2023-2024 Capital Budget
- Harbin Park ADA Accessible Play Area and Splash Pad, $300,000
Other proposed improvements include expanded disc golf, additional parking, and a mountain bike trailhead. Improvements will be scheduled over a multi-year timeframe and be included in the City's long-term budgeting process.
- Project Bid: Friday, September 1 through Monday, September 18, 2023 at 3 PM.
- Estimated Construction Cost: TBD
- Contractor: TBD
- Project Completion: TBD
- Harbin Park Master Plan
- Journal-News - Harbin Park Project Moves Forward
- Enquirer - Fairfield's Harbin Park Renovation to Add Multi-Ability Playground
- Ohio House of Representatives - Announcing $4.5 Million in Funding for Butler County Projects (2022)
- Ohio House of Representatives - Capital Budget Funding Requests Approved (2022)
- Ohio House of Representatives - Announcing Millions in State Funding (2020)