A train stopped and is blocking a railroad crossing. How do I report this?

Railroads operate within their own right-of-way.  Sometimes this means that public streets may be blocked by stopped trains.  The City is unable to directly address stopped trains.  However, motorists are encouraged to call the number posted on a blue sign at the railroad crossing gate to report a problem.  The crossing identification number is posted on the sign.  

Additionally, people are encouraged to use this online reporting tool.  The data gathered helps federal authorities track issues, but not clear the track in a timely fashion.

Show All Answers

1. Questions About Trimming Near Power Lines
2. Who do I contact to report a street light outage?
3. Who is responsible for the street tree in front of my house?
4. Who do I talk to about getting my garbage picked up?
5. How do I dispose of large appliances?
6. Where can I report a leaking water main or fire hydrant?
7. Where do I report a dead animal in the road?
8. Where can I find traffic count information?
9. Can I install an irrigation system within the right of way?
10. Can I request the City install a WATCH CHILDREN, CHILD WITH AUTISM, DEAF CHILD, HIDDEN DRIVE, etc. sign for my neighborhood or my property?
11. What can I do to reduce the bump getting into my driveway?
12. A train stopped and is blocking a railroad crossing. How do I report this?
13. How do I request a Temporary Speed Indicator Sign?
14. Should I call 811 to have utilities marked before I dig in my yard?
15. What do the paint markings and/or lines of little flags on the ground mean?