Located in Southwestern Ohio about 20 miles north of Cincinnati, the City of Fairfield is home to 42,097 residents. It is situated along the northern loop of I-275, conveniently positioned within minutes of a variety of recreational, cultural and business areas.
The City’s direct interstate connections via Union Centre Boulevard and State Route 4 provide convenient access to I-275, I-75, I-71 and I-74. State Route 4 and Bypass 4 also offer a quick, direct route to the Butler County Regional Airport.
Fairfield is a prime business address featuring more than 1,200 businesses including the corporate headquarters of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, regional staples like Skyline Chili and Jungle Jim’s International Market, and major manufacturing firms such as Pacific Manufacturing and Koch Foods, among many others.
Residents have a variety of municipal services including 24-hour police, fire and emergency medical services, parks and recreational activities, public utilities, public works, planning and finance. City services are funded primarily through Fairfield’s 1.5% income tax and the local share of real estate taxes.
Vision, Mission & Values
Fairfield, the Model of Excellence: Building a Better Future for All
The mission of the City of Fairfield is to provide opportunities for all to experience an exceptional quality of life in a safe, well-balanced and attractive environment by creating progressive partnerships to build our future.
Fairfield believes in the following:
- Preserving our City’s heritage and promoting civic pride.
- An engaging community promoting cultural, spiritual and economic opportunity for all citizens within a safe, nurturing environment.
- Promoting and encouraging diversity, involved citizens, quality education with high standards, and the superior performance of its civil servants.
- A community of open communications, with effective representatives, leaders and citizens who together proactively address the needs and concerns of the community.
- Fostering regional governmental partnerships and nurturing relationships with neighboring communities.
- Encouraging active economic development to retain, expand and develop businesses which reflect community values, promote fiscal stability and contribute to a vibrant economic environment.