- Feature Links
Thank you for visiting the City of Fairfield on the World Wide Web. Our website is designed to make it easier and more efficient for Fairfield citizens and businesses to interact with their local government.
As with all online resources, we appreciate that many visitors to our site will be concerned about their privacy. As a result, the City of Fairfield is committed to preserving your privacy when you visit our site.
This policy addresses the collection, security and access to information that may be obtained through the use of the site maintained by the City of Fairfield. This policy covers the following topics:
Information We Collect
If you visit a website maintained by the City of Fairfield to read or download information, we collect the following information:
- The name of the domain; for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private internet access account, or "yourschool.edu," if you are connecting from a university domain.
- An IP address; a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the internet;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site;
- The pages you visit within the City of Fairfield’s site;
- The time you spend viewing the City of Fairfield’s site;
- The connection speed between your computer and our site;
- Please see Google Analytics Features for additional information;
This information is collected for statistical analysis using standard third-party software to create summary statistics. The statistics are used for the purpose of determining what information is of most and least interest to all visitors and identifying system performance or problem areas.
This information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes and the City of Fairfield does not sell information collected online for commercial marketing purposes.
If, during your visit to the City of Fairfield’s website, you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information, we will collect such information. Examples of personally identifiable information may include:
- An email address if you are communicating with us through email;
- Information you voluntarily submit to the City of Fairfield for the purposes of completing or submitting an application or form online; and
- Other information volunteered, such as survey information or content of email.
In general, please note the information collected, whether or not personally identifiable, is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video and other graphic formats you send us. Information is retained in accordance with existing laws and other City of Fairfield policies.
Public Disclosure Information
As a general rule, the City of Fairfield does not disclose any personally identifiable information collected online except where you have given us permission, or where the information is public information under Ohio State law.
Visitors should be aware that information collected by the City of Fairfield on its website may be subject to examination and inspection, if such information is a public record and not otherwise protected from disclosure.
Access to Information
You may decline participation in any activity that asks for information (e.g., surveys or emails). Your choice to not participate will have no effect on your ability to access information on the City of Fairfield’s website.
To better serve you, we occasionally use "cookies" to customize your browsing experience. Cookies are simple text files stored by your web browser and they provide a method of distinguishing among visitors of the website.
Cookies created on your computer by using our website do not contain personally identifiable information and do not compromise your privacy or security. We use the cookie feature to store a randomly generated identifying tag on your computer.
You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer at any time by using any one of a number of widely available methods.
Google Analytics Features
Example Demographics Report:
- The Google Analytics features the City of Fairfield has implemented based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
- The City of Fairfield uses data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
The City of Fairfield has taken steps to safeguard the submission of information by implementing detailed technology and security policies.
Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day operations of the entire operating environment as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content, as well as the electronic transmission of information.
In some instances, you will have the opportunity to receive or create a password to access or submit personal information. You should not divulge your password to anyone and the City of Fairfield will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. When you are finished with those applications that are password protected, you should exit the page.
Links on Our Site
The City of Fairfield provides links to other governmental agencies in Butler County and the State of Ohio. We also provide links to websites of other community organizations in order to provide visitors with certain information.
Information provided on the City of Fairfield’s website is intended to allow the public immediate access to public information.
While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current and reliable information, we recognize the possibility of human and/or mechanical error.
Therefore, the City of Fairfield, its employees, officers and agencies expressly deny any warranty of the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by this system and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information.
Any person who relies upon such information from this system does so at his or her own risk.