My company will not withhold Fairfield taxes. What can I do?
If your company is located in a township or even a lower taxing district, you can ask your employer to withhold the difference; however, they are not required to by law. If they do not withhold for Fairfield, you will need to make estimated tax payments to Fairfield. Estimated payments are based on 100% of last year's tax liability or 90% of current year's tax liability. Either the 100% of last year's or 90% of current year's tax liability must be paid by January 31 to avoid a penalty of $50. Quarterly payments are due on April 30, July 31, October 31 and January 31. Quarterly statements are available at our Tax Form Center or you can contact the income tax office.

Show All Answers

1. Does the City collect the personal property taxes paid by businesses located in Fairfield?
2. When are you open?
3. How soon can I expect my refund?
4. My company will not withhold Fairfield taxes. What can I do?
5. If I have W-2 income and a schedule, can I use a schedule loss against my W-2?
6. Does Fairfield have a school district tax?
7. I have rental property, do I need to file on the property with Fairfield?
8. Do I have to file under the same status as I do my federal and state returns?
9. I have business expenses, can I claim them?
10. I have moved out of Fairfield, but keep getting letters and/or returns from you, what do I need to do?
11. Do I need to file a return?
12. How do I get a return?
13. What needs to be included with my return?
14. How do I handle credit for taxes paid to other cities?