Forms & Applications

Fairfield, OH City of Opportunity


Backflow Tests

Water and Sewer Service License

Any person working on any part of the City's water distribution system (including domestic and/or fire service lines) or the sanitary sewer system or making a sewer service connection must obtain a license from the City of Fairfield.

A license may be issued to an individual or company. If a license is granted to a company, it must be issued in the name of an individual who has met our licensing requirements.

All work must be performed under the direction of a licensed individual and in accordance with the City's Design, Construction and Material Specifications Handbook.

All licenses are valid for only the year in which they were issued and must be renewed by January 1st of the following year.

The following items are required for the issuance of a license(s):

  • Submission of a completed application (please type or write legibly in ink) for each person to be licensed.
  • A $25,000 performance and maintenance bond. Bond shall be issued for one (1) year and must be maintained for a full calendar year thereafter.
  • Liability insurance ($100,000 minimum).
  • Workers' Compensation coverage.

Required documents must be submitted via email to: 

Fees will be invoiced AFTER all necessary documentation is submitted to the City. Note: water license and sewer license are separate fees.

If you have any questions regarding licensing, contact the Wastewater Division Office at 513-858-7760.

Water/Sewer Servicer Performance & Maintenance Bond

Water & Sewer Service License